RAW file conversion abort option

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
bernynhel

RAW file conversion abort option

Post by bernynhel »

Sometimes I use the RAW + Fine Large setting in remote which results in a string of alternating RAW (cr) and jpeg images. The problem is I often click on a cr file accidentally then have to sit there with my thumb up my tuchas waiting for the conversion to wrap. :x An "Abort" option would be great when I accidentally select a cr image. Out of convenience I bail mid-edit simply by clicking on the original image in the left column to just start from scratch - if I'm editing a file that began as RAW only because I accidentally selected RAW in the first place and went to work on it once it converted if I decide to bail and start over by clicking the original image then Im stuck sitting through another conversion - I havent tried using Ctrl+Alt+Delete to abort the conversion nor have I tried throwing my PC off the balcony. If the abort option is too much of a chore an alternative would be to simply arrange all the RAW original images grouped together in a string and the Fine + Large originals grouped together instead of the current arrangement of alternating the two file types - this would actually solve the above problems fine without the addition of any new buttons - the main thing is being able to avoid waiting for unwanted file conversions which are occurring at least 3 or more times a session. Thanks! - Bill
Stas Yatsenko

Re: RAW file conversion abort option

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Thanks for the suggestion. I think, we should implement both of them: sort images primarily by extension and let user abort the loading process. I will add these requests to our to-do list.