Helicon Focus 6 freezes on loading 800 slices

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
jsp

Helicon Focus 6 freezes on loading 800 slices

Post by jsp »

Hi,

I just upgraded to Helicon Focus 6 to avoid the 250 slice limit. I'm a bit fuddled by the new interface, so I may be doing the wrong thing. I dragged my 800 slices onto the big black window and they loaded after a lot of thinking. When I clicked "render" the programme crashed and windows closed it. Should I go back to an earlier version while bugs are ironed out? I used to be a developer and tester on a programme just like this so I can totally understand if it is just not yet ready for 800 slices.

Thanks!
JSP
jsp

Re: Helicon Focus 6 freezes on loading 800 slices

Post by jsp »

Ooo! Mysteriously I just retried it and it is working this time.

Might be a great idea to write on the welcome screen:

"To start focus stacking, drag your slice images here and click 'Render'"

Currently it says to use "open file" but I can only open one file at a time that way. I would have not got far with this interface if I had not been used to the previous one.

Thanks!

JSP
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Helicon Focus 6 freezes on loading 800 slices

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Thanks for this suggestion. We would be interested to reproduce and fix the crash with 800 slices. Did it happen only once? Maybe you can upload the stack to our server (as described at http://www.heliconsoft.com/ftp-server/)? You are welcome to report more bugs directly to our support email support@heliconsoft.com instead of forum.