ghosting

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
jsp

ghosting

Post by jsp »

Hi,

I wondered if I might ask a quick question about ghosting that I'm getting on my photos?

I am taking close-ups with a Canon 5d MkII and a Canon MP-E 5x macro lens. The camera is very stable and well anchored, and the plant sample is attached to the arm of a scanner which I am driving with a Raspberry pi. The arm moves very smoothly and the plant sample does not seem to move at all, but I see ghosting on the stacked photo which seems to imply that that they plant sample leapt up in the air part way through the photo series and then mysteriously sat back into its original position. That really can't have happened, and I'm a bit stumped about what has gone wrong. I wondered if you'd mind taking a look at the photo and letting me know if this is a common problem with an easily spotted solution?

Thanks!

JSP
jsp

Re: ghosting

Post by jsp »

This is another attempt at uploading the image. Do you think I just need to make the maximum number of slices and have them exactly the same distance apart?

Thanks!
Attachments
20150325rosebudCrop2.jpg
(5.33 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

I would suggest to increase Radius to get rid of the halo effect, if you prefer method B. And I would try methoc C too.

It looks like all the details are captured so you do not need more images or smaller steps between them.
MoOriginal

Post by MoOriginal »

I have had this issue - but don't consider it a problem - you can use the tool within HF to find a correct image without ghosting.
You then airbrush the save file to take this out.

Its hard at times but it can work very well...