HF Result is Modifying DNG Settings?

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
jwcane

HF Result is Modifying DNG Settings?

Post by jwcane »

Let me start by again complimenting HF on a superior product. A joy to use, and very helpful in my work process.

I just merged a dozen Adobe DNG images all saved with a standard preset in Adobe Camera Raw. Result contains a disappointing bias toward over-bright highlights, which was in fact the entire purpose of the previously-applied DNG preset.

So now I would like to revisit the rendered image using Camera Raw for the purpose of fixing the highlights. Already tried adjustment layers in Photoshop, but results are disappointing.

Does anyone have a good workflow for converting PSD image format to DNG? Google searches to this time, have not yet provided a clear solution for this.

Any ideas appreciated.
jwcane

Re: HF Result is Modifying DNG Settings?

Post by jwcane »

Guess I should add: Attempts to render my 12 images are getting the response that brightness varies by more than 70.x%. That may be due to small size of subject and variations in ambient light. I can try to adjust for that and re-process after that.

Any other ideas appreciated.
Stas Yatsenko

Re: HF Result is Modifying DNG Settings?

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

I would recommend to use RAW-in-DNG-out mode to load original RAW/DNG files and save result as DNG file for further processing in PS or LR.