Overexposed jpgs after import into HF

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
alash

Overexposed jpgs after import into HF

Post by alash »

I noticed that the images (I work with jpgs) after import into HF (6.3.0) are rather dramatically overexposed (please see the attached image) thus degrading also the final stack - is there a way how to prevent this behavior? This represents for me the biggest obstacle in using hf now and I would greatly appreciate any help or tips; thanks! Alex
overexposure in HF.jpg
(650.96 KiB) Not downloaded yet
alash

Re: Overexposed jpgs after import into HF

Post by alash »

I spent some time with this problem and I actually found that after importing the jpgs, they are ok (looking exactly as exported from e.g. lightroom) but after running the stacking method, the jpgs become overexposed - resulting in overexposed final focus-stacked picture. It really looks like HF is applying some adjustments to the jpg prior to stacking - is it correct? Do you have any experience with this and is there a way how to prevent these "adjustments"? Thanks a lot for any suggestions!
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Overexposed jpgs after import into HF

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Hello Alex,

I suspect that might be due to embedded color profile. Helicon Focus always applies color profile when displaying image. Please send us one of the source files so we can check it.