Lightroom ACR/RAW/xmp?

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
Amarand

Lightroom ACR/RAW/xmp?

Post by Amarand »

I shoot RAW exclusively, and I love that Remote opens directly into Focus. However, I like to perform certain tweaks on my RAW images before they're processed.

My envisioned workflow would be to shoot the frames in Remote, then import frames into Lightroom, perform an Auto Sync'd set of changes, then export XMP sidecar files so that Focus can read in these tweaks.

Is that possible?

I just now realized, performing a search, and I can, indeed, export to Helicon Focus (looks like it uses TIFF, which is better than JPG), but I still have this nagging feeling that I should be keeping things RAW as long as possible.

Thoughts? Is there an ideal workflow for me, knowing I like to tweak the RAW files first?

Thanks!

(I'm on day three of my 30 day trial of both packages, and am super happy that these items exist, and work!)

Oh, one last question: Is there any additional difference between the lifetime pro and lifetime premium, aside from the Android app?
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Lightroom ACR/RAW/xmp?

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Thanks for your request. We are going to publish new version of Helicon Focus which can save DNG files if input files are RAW. So you you will be able to stack RAW files, save DNG file and then post process it in PS or LR.

Premium: we will also add iPad license when it is ready. You can join beta testing iPad version right now.
Amarand

Post by Amarand »

Cool, I'd like that. Just received my activation code today, so please let me know what I would need to do in order to join the iPad beta team. Thanks!

Oh, and a quick question: when performing an operation in Remote, is it possible to set a time delay before the action is taken? So, for example, if I'm starting a stack, is there a "self timer" option, where I can press start, but there's a configurable delay until it actually starts the sequence? Sometimes I like to press start and take 30 seconds or so to walk away from the area to avoid motion.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

You will receive an e-mail with instructions on installing the iPad app once we have a new version (which should happen this week).

As fo the delayed start: there's no good solution for it, but one workaround is using the time lapse tool: set the first shot delay to the desired length of time and the number of shots to 1 (and make sure to tick the focus bracketing checkbox so that a whole stack is shot and not just a single image).
Amarand

Post by Amarand »

Sounds great, thanks for the beta info.

Is there a "feature request" forum or form for the first shot delay option? Or have I basically done that by posting here? I think it'd be nice to have that feature right there with all the other options for the stack.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Yes, we already added your idea to feature requests.
Amarand

Post by Amarand »

Sweet! Thanks guys.