How to use 3D viewer?

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
davidj

How to use 3D viewer?

Post by davidj »

As a total newbie you will have to forgive me for being totally thick. I have tried in vain to find instructions about how to generate 3D stereo images - or indeed how to get Helicon 3D viewer to produce anything at all, other than two rotating white splodges. It can obviously be done - but not by me!
Stas Yatsenko

Re: How to use 3D viewer?

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

You should open stack of images and process them with Helicon Focus. Start with demo stack (menu/Run demo). Then switch to Saving tab and save 3D model, this will automatically open 3D Viewer. From there you can save video, image or stereo pair.

If you have troubles with the result, make sure you are using the latest version of the software, then contact our support (support@heliconsoft.com) with as much details as possible (screenshot, information about OS, hardware)
davidj

Post by davidj »

Yes. I've done that, exactly as written. Several times with several stacks.
Using the demo of the rock sample I get a pair of rotating white splodges but this time with a very few black speckles and a big horizontal black bar going straight across the pair.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

It looks like some problem with OpenGL rendering, please send us more info as described in the previous mail.