LR Export to HF Never Finishes

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
waynefreeman

LR Export to HF Never Finishes

Post by waynefreeman »

Hi, I just installed the latest version of HF and the plugin to my LR 5. When I select, say, 5 DNG files to export to HF, the task process indicator sticks on the last file, and never budges from there.

If I flip over to HF, all 5 of the converted TIFs are loaded ready for processing. The processing in HF works fine, but then if I save the result and exit from HF, I get an error message in LR that says "Helicon Focus didn't return a result".

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin a couple of times, thinking that it would properly re-establish the message queue between HF and LR but that didn't help.

What could I do to fix this?

Thanks,

Wayne
Stas Yatsenko

Re: LR Export to HF Never Finishes

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Please open Helicon Focus menu / Edit / Preferences... / Integration and press "Uninstall plugin..." and "Install plugin..."

What OS version and Helicon Focus version do you have?
waynefreeman

Post by waynefreeman »

Hi Stas, thanks for the reply.

As I mentioned originally, I have already tried uninstall plugin/install plugin at least a couple of times to no effect.

However, I just tried again, also to no effect.

I'm using LR 5.6 and HF 6.2.2 Pro on OSX 10.9.5.

I can kill the task after I determine that HF has all it needs to work with and everything's fine from there, but that's just kind of annoying.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Sorry, we can't reproduce it so far. So we will try to examine the code for the possible solution.
balonim

Post by balonim »

i have the same problem
i think that uninstalling and re installing worked but the workflow is not clear to me
i think it needs to save and import the output file back to the same folder in one click and return to lightroom
is that possible ?
the only way i could get lightroom to close the task is by closing HF
is that the way it works?
thanks!
Ori
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Yes, lightroom waits till Helicon Focus is closed. So workflow should be the following: export from LR, set parameters in Helicon Focus and run processing, Save result(s), close Helicon Focus.
balonim

Post by balonim »

thanks! it would be great to have a save to original folder option…
1 click save…