Black bars on the left

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
danibo

Black bars on the left

Post by danibo »

Hallo
when I try to retouch with HF 6.2.2 the layer pictures have sometimes a black bar on the side. Means I can not transfer parts from the layer picture to the final picture.

With the same set of Tif Pics in HF 5.3 it works fine.

See Screenshots at:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/50qwklj1lh6o ... C1MHa?dl=0

Thanks
danibo
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Black bars on the left

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Thanks for reporting this bug. The program should ignore black margins like it did in version 5.x. Will be fixed in the next release.
danibo

Post by danibo »

Stas
as you said in the beta version you still see the black bar because of alignment but but when retouching you do not copy the black bar to the final picture.
So far so good.
But in the area of the black bars you get ouf of focus or soft areas. Because I am stitching the pictures later I need focus and sharp details at the edge.
helicon_focus_black_bars_2.JPG
Layers with black areas you can not retouch from
(66.16 KiB) Not downloaded yet
I HF 53 you got the same soft areas but you was able to retouch in areas of the layer which were sharp at this points.... with HF 6.2.2 you do not have chance to fix it..
Do you have a work around or will this be changed in the next release because it is not at advantage...
danibo
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

We have not changed logic of retouching brush in version 6.x. If the area is blurred, it means that there is no better information in other layers. You are welcome to compare retouching in old and new versions, but please use the same stack and make sure it is ordered the same way in both versions.
danibo

Post by danibo »

Thanks for your explanation.
I did of course the test in HF 5.3 and 6.2.2beta as you recommended and came to the following results.
In HF 5.3 I do not have any black bars and I am able to retouch in from any layer and I can choose a descending or ascending order.
In HF622beta I still have the black bars and I can not retouch from this areas and I was unable to change the mode of descending or ascending. I tried it with dng and tif. Same results. With enqueu stacks and normal adding pics to the stack.
please see screenshots here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hsvqqaf3aliq ... ViVBa?dl=0
You are welcome to check the results with the same pictures which I will upload to the FTP Server. /danibo/TEST_for_stacking_retouching_HF622
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Sorry, we have identical results in both versions. Please make sure that version 5 has the same Autoadjustment settings as version 6. If images are aligned, you will have black bars on one of the sides.
danibo

Post by danibo »

Stas
thank you for taking time.
I checked the same again... and HF is sometimes spucky.
When importing the files directly to HF I come to the same results as you...
But adding the files by importing a folder,what I normaly do, HF53 allows me to retouch in the blurred areas.. which normally does not make sens but in my case it helped sometime to add some sharp skin to the blurred area in the faces.
I think we can close this case...
danibo
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/12p5q25phbpp ... 5TCWa?dl=0
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Strange, possible some bug with alignment in Queue mode.