*tif Files won't open in Lightroom

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
Mac4ever

*tif Files won't open in Lightroom

Post by Mac4ever »

I worked on some images today and the *tif files produced by H F Lite wouldn't open in Lightroom or Photoshop. I upgraded to the pro level program and re-did the images. Still no joy in Lightroom but they did open in Photoshop. I was able to work on the images in Photoshop CC, save them as tifs and then the would open in Lightroom.
I am using an iMac running OS 10.9.4 both Lightroom and Photoshop CC are the most recent versions.
Is there a fix for this problem?
Stas Yatsenko

Re: *tif Files won't open in Lightroom

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

It looks like LR does not like some EXIF tags, but we do not know exaclty which ones. You can disable EXIF (Preferences\Ignore EXIF) as a workaround. I would appreciate if you send us (as described at http://www.heliconsoft.com/ftp-server/) one of the source files for tests.
lraio

Post by lraio »

I have the same problem. I changed the extension from .tif to .tiff and then Lightroom had no problem seeing it.
rainiershooter

Post by rainiershooter »

I am having the same problem also....HF generated Tiffs cannot be imported into Lightroom (LR 4 in my case)....error message of either a corrupted file or unsupported format. However, I am able to import the Tiff into Photoshop and from there into Lightroom. Disabling EXIF does not work as a 'workaround'.

Is a fix in the works? Is it close to being completed? Convince me that I shouldn't trash v.6.2.2 and return to one of the earlier versions.

Follow up: I found that if I import NEF's into HF, rather than DNG's which I had done in previous versions, I am able to import into LR the Tiff generated when running the stack. Looks like the import problem might have something to do with using DNG's.

The other thing I'm noticing is that Tiffs generated with Adobe RGB color space selected in the RAW Dev. Settings are about 1/2 stop darker than the NEFs. When ProPhoto color space is selected exposure of generated Tiff is correct.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Thanks, we will check the color profile problem.

We have not yet located the EXIF field which causes problem.