Stas Yatsenko

Re: Lightroom plugin

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

What LR version do you have?
addism

Post by addism »

Hi,

I have a Mac, OS El Capitan, LR version 6.3, however am not able to aquire the Helicon plug-in function. The menu functions ie file,edit, view & help are also not available in my Helicon user window, any suggestions?
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

We've tested LR 6.3 and Helicon Focus 6.5.1 just yesterday, everything worked fine.
What do you mean there is no menu? That can't be. Please upload a screen shot of your Helicon Focus window.
addism

Post by addism »

The menu issue is OK, it was only to maximise the window, however, the plug-in issue is still not resolved?
I also have the exact same set-up on a PC, windows 7, latest helicon focus, LR 6.3 & the plug-in works fine!
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Open Helicon Focus menu / Edit / Preferences... / Integration and press "Uninstall plugin..." and "Install plugin..."

Please contact us via support@heliconsoft.com
Tobesedated

Post by Tobesedated »

I figured out how to get this plugin working if others haven't been able to yet. I am using Windows 10 but hopefully it can be applied to MAC users as well.
My steps were to..

1) select images to export
2) right click and select export
3) at the bottom of the window on the left (shows various presets including Lightroom, User etc) there is an option to select preset manager, select this
4) at the bottom of the window on the left select "Add"
5) find your way to the Lightroom Module folder. My path was C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Modules
6) select the HeliconFocus.lrplugin folder (don't open it) then click select folder
7) it should now show in the window on the left and the status on the right should show it as enabled
8 ) select done
9) this will return you to the export window with the option to now choose Helicon Focus
10) choose your settings and select export. Helicon Focus will open and your files will be there. Be patient if it says Helicon is not responding. It is, it's just sorting stuff out.

Hopefully this will help someone. I realize this is an older posting but I saw nothing to show people had solved this.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Thanks for the instructions.
Note, however, that the common problem on Mac is that Helicon Focus is unable to copy the plugin into the required folder in the first place, so the plugin folder is just not there. We're investigating the problem but so far we're unable to reproduce it on any of our Macs.