How do I email Helicon3DViewer to someone ?

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
George Langford

How do I email Helicon3DViewer to someone ?

Post by George Langford »

For a week now I've been trying to show the results of my examination of an object to someone over the Internet. I've got a nice 3D animation produced by Helicon Focus that I can view just fine on my own computer as either a 3D model or as a QuickTime video, but when I put that data on my website, QuickTime will not open it ... DivX is not an alternative as it does not get along with my computer ... and Helicon3DViewer.exe is a mystery to me.

What can I do to get this animation out to the outside world ?

There's a "download" page at HeliconSoft, but there's no way to download Helicon3DViewer ...

Thanks,
George Langford
Stas Yatsenko

Re: How do I email Helicon3DViewer to someone ?

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Hello George,

Helicon 3D Viewer is included into Helicon Focus installation. Please make sure you have the most recent version, we added new file formats. To share video you can publish them to Youtube or other video service and send a link.
George Langford

Stas wrote:
To share video you can publish them to Youtube or other video service and send a link.
That doesn't help me with getting a private 3D video to a client ... I'm doing a consulting job, and I'm not ready to post my result to the entire world. YouTube is not available to me, which is a shame, as they seem to have a method of uploading private videos, flawed though that may be.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Helicon Focus 6 saves videos as mp4 files, so sharing should not be a problem.
George Langford

Stas said:
Helicon Focus 6 saves videos as mp4 files, so sharing should not be a problem.
After downloading HF 6.2.2, matters are worse:
1. HF didn't ask me for my activation code.
2. 3D still comes up all 255's excepting the hula hoop outline, and there's no place I can find where I can change the brightness ...
3. There's no "save as video" function at all.

The good news ? Rendering goes really fast; thanks !
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Your new version is now probably in trial mode. You can activate it via menu\Help\Online registration

Please note that you need to first open 3D model in Helicon 3D Viewer, there you open File tab and select saving option.

http://www.heliconsoft.com/support/mms/61596717.html
George Langford

Someone has asked me privately how to get an earlier version of Helicon Focus so he can get usable 3D output. I've had good luck by installing HF 5.1 in place of the latest version, and I'd like to be able to tell him where he can download that version for his own use.

My own Dell Inspiron laptop is nearing the end of its useful life, so I'll still be using HF 5.1 for the foreseeable future, as it works OK with no issues or glitches, except the need to reinstall it now & then.

Is it OK simply to email my HF 5.1's .exe file to him ? He already has a later version.

Thanks,
George
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Yes, you can send your copy of old installation. You can also contact our support via email to get previous versions.