New to HF6 - Questions...

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
dragyn

New to HF6 - Questions...

Post by dragyn »

Aloha,

I just downloaded your software and it seems to work pretty well. There are a few questions I have though.

1) When I import images it seems HF6 is changing the color profile from ProPhoto RGB to something else. The images are much darker than they should be. Also when I export the image it is in a different color profile: ISO 22028-2 ROMM RGB. Not sure what that is, and I can't seem to find a way to change this anywhere. Am I missing something? I would really like to keep all my color profiles consistent as I will be further processing these HF6 images with others from my original batch, all of which are ProPhoto RGB.

2) I see where on export I can save as a TIF file or a Tif (LZW compression). Are these 8-bit or 16-bit files or? LZW is not a great compression method for 16-bit files and ZIP handles the 16 bit files better. Any chance of integrating this in the future?

Thanks for your help. The program is miles better than PS for image stacking!
Stas Yatsenko

Re: New to HF6 - Questions...

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Thanks for your comments. As to color profiles, we use standardized version of ProPhoto (check http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ProPhoto_RGB_color_space). You can change output profile via RAW Development setting under Source image list.

If source files are 16 bit RAWs, output tiffs are also 16 bpc. As to zip compression, we will try to add it in future versions.

to Konstantin: add zip comression for tiff files + citation