Opening files with Helicon

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
blueseamonk

Opening files with Helicon

Post by blueseamonk »

Why is it I can't drop a group of files onto the Helicon application icon on my dock (mac OSX)? Or have Capture One software open a tiff it processed out with Helicon. It does with Photoshop. And if I remember correctly I was able to do it with the previous version of Helicon. Mac OSx also doesn't list Helicon as a software that can open tiffs either. What gives?
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Opening files with Helicon

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Please send us one of the source files and one tiff which does not read properly.
blueseamonk

Post by blueseamonk »

Stas- It's not that they don't read properly but that they don't "open with". For example, if I choose "open with" by control clicking on a file and choosing Helicon Focus, Helicon Focus the app will run, if it is not running already, but the file will not be listed in the app as one of the files to be used in the stack. I believe in the previous version of Helicon I was able to tell Mac OSX that I wanted to open a file or files with Helicon and it would activate Helicon to run and once up and running the files I had selected would be listed in the queue to be used to make a focus result from. This is also true if I drop a batch of files onto the Helicon icon in my "Dock".
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Ah, ok, we will check this!