Bugs. And not the good kind, either.

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
BugEyes

Bugs. And not the good kind, either.

Post by BugEyes »

I'm having an extraordinary bad first use experience with HF. It has crashed on me 5 or 6 times and I've lost hours of work.
(1) Ran several batches on the same directory with different settings and methods, using the "Enqueue stacks" option. Directory contained 169 Canon CR2 files. Took about an hour to run them all.
(2) When finished, I had 6 output files. I tried to "save project" but that option was inactive the file drop down menu. (Just what constitutes a "project", anyway? An hour's worth of work should at least make that cut.)
(3) Went into "retouching" using a DMAP (ooops, wrong product, I mean "method B.") After a few minutes HF just "hung."
(4) Tried to close HF and got the usual Windows "not responding" pop up and killed the process.
(5) On startup, *EVERYTHING* was gone. OK, my bad, should have saved the output files.
(6) Alright, started over. Got back to (3). This time I tried to save the output files (as TIFFs). (Still could not "save project" as option was still disabled.) During output save "Helicon focus has encountered a problem... yada yada". All down the tubes again.
(7) Started over once again. (I'm well into the afternoon by now, having started this before lunch.)
(8) Only ran 3 batches this time, as I'm getting leery and jaded.
(9) Saved the 3 outputs OK this time. Started retouching again. HF hangs again. Same as (4). However, when I restarted I could not figure out how to get the "saved" output files back into HF to begin retouching again. If an output file is "saved", does that divorce it from HF forever? (Again, just what is a "project" in HF?)
(10) Started over again. Got to (3) and started a retouch. Before I had done anything I checked and "save project" option was activated. So, I .....
(11) Hit "save project". Guess what? "Helicon focus has encountered a problem... yada yada".
(12) I gave up then and there.
(13) If you want any part of the "corpse" from my PC for autopsy, let me know what and where and I will send it to you. Otherwise, I'll just let the 364 remaining days go by using ZS.
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Bugs. And not the good kind, either.

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Sorry for the troubles. We will do our best searching and fixing these bugs.

When the stacks are process in batch mode, they can be automatically saved, please check the option in the Enqueue dialog.

Normally you just need to save resulting image after retouching operations. Saving project only makes sense if you plan to continue retouching later on.