Helicon Focus 6 - .psd Support

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
bruno_b

Helicon Focus 6 - .psd Support

Post by bruno_b »

I recently upgraded from Helicon Focus 4 to Helicon Focus 6. Unfortunately it seems I can no longer laod photoshop .psd images into Helicon Focus. Will this feature ever become available again?
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Helicon Focus 6 - .psd Support

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

The technical problem is that PSD is closed format from Adobe and there is no open documentation to use it. Only a few libraries are available and it is not easy to include them into new Helicon Focus 6.
bruno_b

Post by bruno_b »

But Heliconfocus 4 opens .psd files! And I have read that Heliconfocus 5 also opens them (even though I can't find a download link for it!

I bought HeliconFocus 4 Pro because I could open .psd files in it after I processed the original raw files in Adobe Camera Raw and color corrected them. Only then did I import the .psd versions into HeliconFocus. I haven't used HeliconFocus in a while but I believe I was even able to save as .psd in version 4.

Don't get me wrong, HeliconFocus is a great piece of sotware and I don't regret buying it but I am disappointed that the .psd support is gone. I presume from your answer that it will not be supported again?
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

We will keep .psd support in our to-do list for the future versions.