Batch Processing Limitation

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
brentbristol

Batch Processing Limitation

Post by brentbristol »

Prior to version 6 using batch processing seemed to work quite well and was easy to use. It was possible to specify a variety of Radius and Smoothing parameters on a given set of source images. Now it appears that the only way into batch processing is to start with sub-folders. Once I have specified one sub-folder I can only request a single set of Radius and Smoothing parameters. Is there any way to use batch to specify several sets of Radius and Smoothing parameters for the same set of files. Currently I can temporarily copy the same source files to multiple sub-folders and specify unique sets of Radius and Smoothing parameters for each sub-folder, but that seems terribly clunky and awkward.
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Batch Processing Limitation

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

In the version 6 you can run processing and without waiting till it is finished create a new task. So you can open a stack, run a render with R=4 then again with R=8, then open another stack and so forth. All this without waiting for the result.
brentbristol

Post by brentbristol »

Hi Stas,
Thank you for the reply, but the ability to run serial single batch jobs diminishes the value of being able to set up many jobs at once and being able to walk away and do something else. Once the computer becomes occupied working on the first batch request it is slower to get subsequent tasks setup.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Yes, we plan to add something like Queue rendering as an alternative to Render button.