ZoneAlarm and Helicon Focus

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
uncle duck

ZoneAlarm and Helicon Focus

Post by uncle duck »

Helicon Focus will not open with ZoneAlarm Firewall active - splash screen shows, but program stops responding from that point.

Is there any workaround for this problem? (Yes I did conduct a search for this topic, but found no results for either ZoneAlarm/firewall).

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
Dave
Dan Kozub

Post by Dan Kozub »

Can you install Helicon Filter 4.50 and try if you have any problems with it?

This would help us to determine the bug with Helicon Focus.
uncle duck

Post by uncle duck »

Hello Dan - thanks for your reply.

I have installed and tried Helicon Filter 4.5 as you suggested - a summary of my findings are as follows:

On this PC, Helicon Filter (when used in standalone mode), and Helicon Focus, each hang on the splash screen, 60% to 70% of the time -with/without ZoneAlarm active.

When used in Photoshop plug-in mode, Helicon Filter works 80% of the time with ZoneAlarm active, and 90% of the time with ZA inactive - i.e. considerably more stable in plug-in mode, but why?

With only Helicon Focus installed, the incidence of hang on splash screen is 70% with ZA active and only 10% with ZA inactive.

BTW - the info for my PC is as follows:
P4 - 3.2GHZ - 2 Gig RAM - main & secondary HDD's = 75% & 60% free + two external HDD's = 70% & 95% free - Win XP SP2 and all the latest security updates installed for both Windows, and ZoneAlarm.

If there is anything else you can suggest, please let me know - in the meantime I'll continue to troubleshoot at this end - if I find a solution, I'll post it for the benefit of other users.

Regards,
Dave
Dan Kozub

Post by Dan Kozub »

Dave,

Many thanks for the info and probabilities! Are you scientist? : )

I suspect this is the problem with navigation bar or directory tree. And I hope we alread soved it in our development verison.

Please send me request at dankozub(at)helicon.com.ua and will try to send you the version which we are testing now internally.
uncle duck

Post by uncle duck »

Request sent to email address given - Thanks Dan.

Regards,
Dave