Rotate Align

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
Ariel

Rotate Align

Post by Ariel »

What happens if someone doesn't use a tripod or if someone photographs a leaf on a windy day and one photo is rotated slightly differently than another? Helicon Focus should be able to rotate the images so they are aligned (and crop out any area that doesn't contain each picture).
Dan Kozub

Post by Dan Kozub »

Helicon Focus can align rotation mismatches, but this option is set to 0 by default for speed reasons. But you can change this in Settings.
Ariel

Post by Ariel »

I did not know that! Sure it takes forever, but that's cool. Does it only slow down for files that aren't already aligned? Perhaps the program can be made slightly more efficient so it is faster.
Dan Kozub

Post by Dan Kozub »

Slowdown is not significant but for microscope and camer on thipod rotation alignment is not necessary.
Ariel

Post by Ariel »

You are right. Does the magnitude of the number affect how long it takes? Do the other values affect speed?
Dan Kozub

Post by Dan Kozub »

Yes, higher values increase time but logarithmically.
Ariel

Post by Ariel »

So 0 to 3 will slow it down, but 3 to 6 will slow it down more than double? Does this apply to the other options (like horizontal location)?

By the way, the human verification code you need to enter if you're not logged in is harder to read than it has to be. On most tries I fail because some letters are hard to tell if it's one letter or another, and I see just fine. Google's human verification is good enough for them and it's much easier to read (and it looks cooler), so I suggest changing it to something like that if you are able to.
Dan Kozub

Post by Dan Kozub »

no, it slows only a bit from 3 to 6. It applies to all autoadjustment options.

verification code: we use the plugin that comes with phpBB engine. I will check if it can be optimized.

Without verification code we had dozens of spam messages every day. Even with simple version code a couple of spammers managed to post their messages.
Ariel

Post by Ariel »

I understand. The same thing happened on my blog.

By the way, when I wrote, "So 0 to 3 will slow it down, but 3 to 6 will slow it down more than double?" I meant to ask if the amount of extra slowing from 3 to 6 is about double the amount of extra slowing from 0 to 3.
Dan Kozub

Post by Dan Kozub »

0 to 3, 3 to 6: no, it is less then doubled

time =k* log(max_adjustment_value)