Opacity masks

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
SandyS

Opacity masks

Post by SandyS »

I just purchased Helicon Focus Pro and have searched every part of the help files and cannot figure out how to access the opacity mask feature of this software. What am I doing wrong?? :?:

Sandy
Dan Kozub

Post by Dan Kozub »

Sandy,

In version 4 of Helicon Focus we replaced the opacity map feature with more efficient and straightforward retouching brushes.

Danylo
SandyS

Opacity masks

Post by SandyS »

Thanks for the quick reply. Just an FYI, the website still discusses opacity masks with the "rifle barrel" example. Thanks again.

Sandy
Ariel

Another help

Post by Ariel »

Yes, I was just about to tell you that instead of editing Opacity Maps simple cloning would be fine. :idea: :arrow: It would be great if you could also click on the sharp area in the area of the original picture you want to keep and have the program automatically outline that area so when you move the clone brush over the pipe, you don't accidentally get some blurry fabric covering up the new focused image. [Also, it should be more obvious as to which picture is the original and which is the edited, so people don't even have to think (as if that's bad). Like over the original, it should say in nice, BIG LETTERS over the middle SOURCE IMAGE and over the new one, it should say FOCUSED IMAGE.]