did 6.0 drop the invert or inverse selection command?

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
J_ph

did 6.0 drop the invert or inverse selection command?

Post by J_ph »

did 6.0 drop the invert or inverse selected images command?
Stas Yatsenko

Re: did 6.0 drop the invert or inverse selection command?

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Yes, do you miss this command a lot? How did you used it?
J_ph

Post by J_ph »

Hi Stas

In areas where there is a large difference in focus not a transitional area there can sometimes be a blurred edge. In this case I would choose a foreground set of images, render and then choose a set comprised of the back focus area. In post I'd combine these. Using inverse was helpful but not necessary. I just thought the "invert selection" command might be buried somewhere in the UI.

I can load the full series, command or shift click the "checked group" and then choose "remove image", which actually will remove the selected images. Then I can "check all".

thanks

j
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Ok, as I understand you merge two results in photoshop then? We plan to add possibility to use previous results for retouching, this should ease your workflow.
jimshirey

Post by jimshirey »

personally, *I* use it, because i do NOT want the largest image to determine the stack. i want the smallest image. when i stack on a rail, front to back, the final image contains distant detail and is too large to use as an initial image. in this case, i want it stacked ascending. when i stack using the focus ring, i usually want it stacked descending because it is easier for me to use the focus ring so that the smallest image is the last shown.

what you are looking for is in the tool kit with the gear on it. go in and unclick automatic ordering. you will get ascending by default.