HF 6 on MacOS 10.6?

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
sbuerger

HF 6 on MacOS 10.6?

Post by sbuerger »

Hi all,
currently I am still running MacOS 10.6.8 on all of my Macs (mostly because of the Rosetta issue) which forces me to stay with HF 4.2.9. But I think I remember that I read in a discussion thread quite a time ago that HF 6 (which was then a beta) in principle runs on OS 10.6 macs, too, with the only problem that the GUI somehow gets into disorder.
Is my memory of this correct, and if yes, is this a grave problem or is it possible to use HF 6 with just a little lack of GUI comfort?

Thanks in advance for an answer
Stephan
Stas Yatsenko

Re: HF 6 on MacOS 10.6?

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Sorry, we do not support Mac OS 10.6 anymore, we have not tested the latest version with this OS. You are welcome to try.
sbuerger

Re: HF 6 on MacOS 10.6?

Post by sbuerger »

Hi Stas,
so I went to trying...
These are my test results so far: Put simple - virtually everything that was already there in 4.2.9 also works in HF6. Virtually everything that is new in HF6 does not work.
In detail:
- The OSX 10.7-style scrollbars in picture windows are not available for grabbing or clicking with the mouse, so scrolling has to be done by scrollwheel or hand tool. Nevertheless, the scrollbar for the source file list works, though it's OSX 10.7 style, too.
- Project files can be saved, but when I try to re-open them HF crashes.
- If I try to select a subfolder set for queue processing, HF crashes.If there is any other way to use queue processing, I have not found it yet - the video tutorial about queueing is for the Windows version of HF5, and I can't find any of the buttons to use in HF6 Mac...
- Two more minor important things that do not work are the Help button (guess that the help app called simply does not exist in 10.6) and the menu link to video tutorials, both of which lead to no effect when clicked.
- I found one new function that works even under OSX 10.6, which is layer file export.

That's it so far... is there anything else I can try to get batch/queue processing? Maybe the "Add to queue" function should be available somewhere but is simply not visible under OSX 10.6?

Kind regards
Stephan