Version 6 Beta saving blank animation images

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
George Langford

Version 6 Beta saving blank animation images

Post by George Langford »

While my older version of Helicon Focus (about 2012) seems to be working OK, when I try to view the 3D animations in my browser (SeaMonkey on WinXP SP3) I get only the outline of the images, which are blank white. This happens whether the saved images are real or blank. I can view the real images with Windows Picture & Fax Viewer, but 3D Viewer fails to load anything but their outline, as though there are 255 bits of intensity in all three colors.

This even happens with 3D animation files that were created several years ago and which worked fine at the time...

The current version of Helicon Focus is saving 3D images as blank files, but the older version is still saving them as real images. The blank files open OK, but are just outlines of the image with a white (all 255's) interior.
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Version 6 Beta saving blank animation images

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Please wait till new release is out.
George Langford

Hello Stas -

The new upgrade (not the new release ?) came down and was installed w/o any hitches, but the 3D animation still does not work. Same problem as in the original posting.

My November 2011 version still works and does create usable animations, but the stacked images from the latest version are far superior. However, the 3D animation and the stereo image which depends on the 3D software are utterly devoid of usable content. Still blank, but with background and an outline of the "hula hoop" doing its thing ...

During the installation, something is repairing a piece of C+++ software.

Is this a Microsoft XP SP3 issue ?
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Please wait several days till new release is out.
George Langford

Hello -
Postby Stas Yatsenko » 25.04.2014 04:28
Please wait several days till new release is out.[/quote]

Alas, the newest release is out as of 10 Sept.2014 and the animations, stereos, model, etc. all come out blank as before in April 2014. All I see with Seamonkey and even with Internet Explorer is an irregular outline of a white image the size that my animation should be. There are image files in the animation folder, but no way of seeing them except one-at-a-time, and those images are also all blank. The stacked image looks OK and sharp as always.

George Langford
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

George,

We cannot reproduce this error in our environment. Please contact us via support@heliconsoft.com