keeping front image when merging

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
daihlo

keeping front image when merging

Post by daihlo »

Just tried the demo after purchasing a lightbox
photographing a watch, initial results are very good compared to a much more expensive package I was looking at!

However, when photographing a watch, the second hand is moving...
therefore with each shot throughout the focus field, the second hand is at a different time.
On the merged image, it shows in multiple places!

Other than photoshopping (which does work fine but adds an additional step to each shot...)
Is there a way in the merge render that I can set so in the front focus (which shows the watch face) only this section shows on the final render - along with the focused sections from the other shots?

At the moment, the merge is wanting to show the watch face, or the second hand... even when it should be focusing on other shots!

Make sense?

Would be great if there was a merge setting so you could ignore the out of focus sections on shots and only pull the 'in focus' sections from shots into the merge...
Stas Yatsenko

Re: keeping front image when merging

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Moving objects will create troubles even if they are unfocused. I do not fully understand your setup but I would use Helicon Focus retouching brush to clone watch face from one of the source images. You can upload your stack to our server (as described at http://www.heliconsoft.com/ftp-server/) and we probably can give you better advice.