Does HF work in command-line mode?

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
bob_hound

Does HF work in command-line mode?

Post by bob_hound »

Hi all,
I installed the latest Windows version of Helicon Focus, it works fine and I'm impressed by the quality of processed images. My subject is micro minerals.

BUT -
I have to process and experiment with largish amounts of pictures and parameters tweaking, so driving HF from a batch command list is vital to me.
I did these tests from the Windows command prompt after pointing the prompt to the program's folder (launching the same commands from a .bat file gives the same results):
HeliconFocus.exe -silent "D:\stack01" -save:D:\myimage.tiff
Program UI doesn't show, program crashes and sends Windows warning.

HeliconFocus.exe "D:\stack01" -save:D:\myimage.tiff
Program starts but main screen remains blank, no image is loaded and nothing happens.

HeliconFocus.exe -silent "D:\stack01"
Program starts, first image of stack shows but instead of processing stack and saving to default directory nothing happens and I have to start rendering manually.

What's wrong? Do command-line functions work only after registration, or am I missing something essential? I run HF from Windows 7/64 with IntelCore i3 at 2.4GHz and 4GB RAM.

Thanks for your advice, Roberto
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Does HF work in command-line mode?

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Thanks. It will be fixed in the coming versions.
bob_hound

Post by bob_hound »

OK, good to hear from you!
Any idea as to the next release date?
thanks, Roberto
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

We expect the release to be published in a couple of weeks.
bob_hound

Post by bob_hound »

Sounds great!
Oh, and of course Helicon should handle back control to the Windows shell after each command so it can be driven by a multi-line batch file...
Celli

Post by Celli »

Has this update been posted? I've just downloaded HeliconFocus, but when I try to execute it from the command line, nothing happens. If I remove the -silent then it opens up the program, but no files are loaded and nothing happens, just like this other user reports.

In short, it doesn't seem possible to run from the command line on Windows, so I wonder if I am doing something wrong? I did check in before purchasing the software that this would be possible as I aim to batch process (calling from within a python script).

Cheers,
Celli
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

It will be fixed in the coming versions.
Celli

Post by Celli »

Thank you, that is good news indeed!

When will the updates be posted? If not very soon, the website & help-desk folks should be informed that this feature does not exist. I just emailed with them a few days (or week?) ago asking about this feature and they clearly don't know that this capability is currently not part of the program.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Yes, we already published fixed version, please download the latest installation again.
bob_hound

Post by bob_hound »

Still not working, exactly as per my first post... is this due to expiration of the 30-day trial?