Resizing a small image

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
jwcane

Resizing a small image

Post by jwcane »

I have a number of small images which I would like to enlarge. I noticed that with HF, multi-focal renderings are completed at a much larger size than the individual images from which the renderings were created.

I am now thinking of using HF to combine multiple copies of the same image, in order to create the enlarged copy of the original. Good idea? Or not so good? Reasons why?

Would you please give me an opinion of the quality of the result, for professional printing with the best equipment (Roland) on museum grade, rag paper. If possible, please include (pointer to) a comparison of results using HF with those from the product known as Perfect Resize.
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Resizing a small image

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Helicon Focus merges images in their original resolution so it is not a way of increasing resolution.

You probably should read about super resolution techniques which increases resolution by merging several almost identical images.

You may try upsize image and merge them with method C - this may help as Helicon Focus will select best details from several images. Though, this is not the primary purpose of Helicon Focus and I am not sure this trick will work. Anyway, your feedback on this matter would be appreciated.