Invalid correction of brightness

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
alexey05

Invalid correction of brightness

Post by alexey05 »

Hi today reveal next problem. Stacked image overexposed while original RAW is normal. Tried to turn off autoadjustment of brightness - no difference, try all methods, no difference. Have several stacks overexposed in one photosession (first time having such problem).
Stack and resulting image in my folder Alexey Fursov on your ftp (subfolder 2014-03-02_012 )
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Invalid correction of brightness

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Thanks for the stack. I think the result is overexposed because RAW files are opened overexposed. We are preparing the version with RAW development settings, you will be able to choose how to handle highlights.
alexey05

Post by alexey05 »

Thank you, but I dont agree, RAW has normal exposure and more over its always not problem to slightly compensate exposure, but program make more overexposed files.
And i found that 5.3 version works great, so i will use it. Thank you again.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Ok, let's wait for the new version. Because right now we see source images exposed the same way as your resulting tiff.

5.3 version uses different set of RAW development modules, I think this explains different exposure. Anyway, we are interested to clear this issue asap.