Newbie: radius and smoothing

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
pbandurian

Newbie: radius and smoothing

Post by pbandurian »

I'm a newbie with an embarrassingly elementary question. On the parameter tab/page I'm invited to adjust the radius and the smoothing parameters for best results. I cannot see how to adjust them. On the right side of the workspace are, from top to bottom, the run options button, a list of the files to be processed, a parameters subsection containing drop-down lists for choosing method and resolution, followed by an output list, and reference to 3D model. The results I have are very, very nice but I sure would like to see what I might get if I adjust those parameters. Thanks.

Cheers, Peter
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Newbie: radius and smoothing

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

You are supposed to set parameters (method, smoothing, radius), then start processing and get result. Then you can return to parameters page, choose other method or fine tune parameters and run processing again.

Please see video tutorials here:
http://www.heliconsoft.com/tutorials/
pbandurian

Post by pbandurian »

Well folks, I figured it out. I was only using the Method C(pyramid) which doesn't have any radius or smoothing parameter adjustments. I thought the default - and unless I unwittingly changed it, Method C must have come up the default - would be the best choice to use as I got to know the program.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Yes, that is right, method C has no parameters.