Exported/Saved tiff format

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
GFS

Exported/Saved tiff format

Post by GFS »

Hi,

I'm using the 6 beta and find that exported/saved tiffs are in PC format, which causes me problems. Is there any way to change this format to Mac, or to otherwise circumvent this problem?

Grant
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Exported/Saved tiff format

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Sorry for the troubles. Yes, we already got reports about this and we are working on this issue. I hope we will fix this within a week.
GFS

Post by GFS »

Hi Stas ... just a little 'bump' on this one. :)
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

We fixed the problem with tiffs a few weeks ago, please check if the latest version works correctly.
GFS

Post by GFS »

Is there a tool/utility to check which byte order a tiff is in?

I find that when I open any tiff in PS, then choose to Save As, it will offer the same byte order as the file is already in. Everything that comes out of Helicon, is always set to IBM PC byte order.

This would be no big deal, except that my main imaging software doesn't recognise PC Byte order, so for every file coming out of Helicon, I have to Open and Save As in PS and change the byte order to Mac.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Byte order of Helicon Focus result should depend on OS, we will check this issue again.
blazeburns

Post by blazeburns »

I'm not sure if this is the same problem I'm having, but it's the closest I can find in the forums….

I'm using the latest version of Helicon Focus (v 6.1.0). My work flow is to make the stack by taking raw files using Helicon Remote (v 3.3.7.m), then I stack them using Helicon Focus. When I save the finished stack from Helicon Focus as a tiff or compressed tiff file, it will not open properly in Photoshop CS6 or Lightroom 5. It will open properly using my mac's "Preview" program. Any idea why these tifs won't open properly in Adobe? The file they try to open just looks like a bunch of color noise with no structure to it.

Thanks for any input…

btw I LOVE the Helicon Remote/Focus combo. It makes it so much easier to shoot focus stacks and it's pretty idiot (me) proof. My results from manually shooting and stacking with CS6 were rarely acceptable (and a lot of work).
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Yes, we know about this issue. It will be fixed in the coming versions.
blazeburns

Post by blazeburns »

Stas Yatsenko wrote:We fixed the problem with tiffs a few weeks ago, please check if the latest version works correctly.
Stas Yatsenko wrote:Yes, we know about this issue. It will be fixed in the coming versions.
Thanks Stas. Any word on which coming version it will be fixed in, and when that might be? Seems like this has been a problem for a while and only being able to produce jpegs seems like more than a trivial flaw.
GFS

Post by GFS »

Stas,

I'm still having this issue. It's not a big deal, but it is a bit of a pain.

Just to reiterate. When I save a tif, I have to open it in Photoshop, then Save As copy, choose Mac byte order. Once I've done that, I can open it in my imaging software (old imaging software).

(Helicon Focus 6.2.2)
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Yes, we know about this issue, though we do not quite understand why it happen. Please set Ignore EXIF checkbox in the Preferences and test if this helps or not.
danibo

Post by danibo »

Same issue here on PC. Lightroom can not open the HF622beta Tifs..
danibo

Post by danibo »

Did something changed in this case.
I still have this problem in HF 6.2.3
GFS

Post by GFS »

Stas Yatsenko wrote:Yes, we know about this issue, though we do not quite understand why it happen. Please set Ignore EXIF checkbox in the Preferences and test if this helps or not.

Stas,

makes no difference either way.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Sorry for the delay. We located the issue so the next version with the fix will be published soon.