Profile Adobe RGB 98

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
laurent 31

Profile Adobe RGB 98

Post by laurent 31 »

Hello

I use Helicon Focus 4.2.8 (32 bit mode), on mac with Phase one Digital Back (H20, P45). All my pictures are processed with Capture one (Tif 16 BIT Adobe RGB98). But the output done by Helicon are automatically converted in sRGB.
I think Helicon Focus convert my picture when it import them.
Can you please explain me how can I stay in Adobe RGB 98.

Thank you

Pease excuse my aproxiative english
sbuerger

Re: Profile Adobe RGB 98

Post by sbuerger »

Hello,
Helicon Focus does not change the color space of your photos, I would even claim that it is completely unaware of color management. It simply uses the colors (i.e. the color numbers) inputted and then saves a picture in the original color space, but without attaching the ICC profile (which may be worth thinking of as a subject to change in forthcoming versions).
I guess that you have a wrong setting in your post processing software. Most likely you use Photoshop, and most likely you have not edited its factory-provided color settings, meaning that sRGB is the standard color space and pictures lacking an ICC profile are tagged (NOT converted to) sRGB when opened.
Maybe this is the reason, maybe not - however, since Helicon Focus does not alter color spaces nor attach an ICC profile to its output, any information about which color space the output picture uses is an interpretation of the post processing application, according to the CM settings you use in that application which, in your case, are definitely wrong.

Regards
Stephan
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Profile Adobe RGB 98

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Helicon Focus should preserve original color profile. The program operates in original color space and uses color transformations only to display image. Please try this version : http://www.heliconsoft.com/downloads/HeliconFocus.dmg