difference between latest mac and pc versions

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
cjj2003

difference between latest mac and pc versions

Post by cjj2003 »

What is the difference between the latest mac version (4.2.9) and the latest pc version (5.3.5)? Or point me to a document which discusses this (I searched the forums but couldn't find anything).

Thanks in advance,
Chad
Stas Yatsenko

Re: difference between latest mac and pc versions

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Mac version lacks ability to process multiple stacks in a queue and save projects to continue retouching later.

Good news is that we are preparing new version of Helicon Focus which has the same functionality for both Mac and Windows. Let us know if you want to be a beta tester.
erpman

Post by erpman »

When will you release the new version for mac?
Stephan Wolfsried

Post by Stephan Wolfsried »

I used the windows version of Focus so far. Now switched to a Macbook Pro.
There are still differences which are annoying:

In the retouching mode the scroll mouse changes the picture size, not the brush radius like in windows. The windows mode is the better one. Brushing against barriers doesn't exist as function in the mac version at all (which is really crucial). Saving with date and time as prefix of the file as an automatically generated filename is missing.

Last mode in settings doesn't work. I always render in descending order. In Windows version last mode works well.

Just tested the beta version. None of the described bugs are solved.

Stephan
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Starting from upcoming version 6.0.18 Helicon Focus will support default scroll behavior on mac: move fingers to pan, pinch gesture to zoom. Brush radius can be changed using [ and ], what is also a standard. It's not clear what do you mean with "brushing against barriers". Default file name with current date and time is used for new file names in 6 version.
Regarding stack order: we will check this in 6.0.18 version.
Stephan Wolfsried

Stas,

in the windows version there are four sliders:
Brush size
Brush hardness
Searching edges
Brightness

I refer to searching edges, which is really crucial for successful using the retouching function. This is missing in the Mac version.

Stephan
Stephan Wolfsried

Stas,

instead of "searching edges" in the Mac version the slider is called "Colour Tolerance." But it seems to be the same function. Date and time as prefix works now correctly. Yesterday it didn't. There was "untitled" in the field. I will have an eye on it.

Thanks Stephan
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Edge detection and Color tolerance is the same function. Color tolerance is just an inverted (e. g. if you set 20% now set 80%), and the term describes the function better.