Pre-purchase clarification

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
russ_jb

Pre-purchase clarification

Post by russ_jb »

Hello Stas,

First, I have to say that Helicon Focus is a most extraordinarily good piece of code! I've had some spectacular results using the trial version and will be purchasing the registered version soon, but before I do, I want to clarify a couple of points.

Am I right that the trial version is the Pro X64 variant? I am running Mac Snow Leopard and it works supremely well. I'm not clear however, if the other versions are *only* 32 bit and therefore the X64 will be much faster for me. (It's not clear from the documentation whether the other versions will run 64 bit but with less RAM or whether Pro X64 is the only version that can utilise 64 bit)

Also, am I right that the Mac version does not have the 3D viewer and therfore does not have the 3D modelling functionality? (Although the documentation says the viewer is included, I can't find it. Nor can I find any way of creating a 3D model.)

Thanks very much for a terrific application. If you're interested, you can see my first efforts with Helicon at http://500px.com/russjb/photos

All the best

Russ B
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Pre-purchase clarification

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Enjoyed very much browsing your gallery!

Trial version works in 64 bit mode by default but you can launch it in 32 bit mode to test the speed and functionality (Helicon Focus\Relaunch In 32 Bit Mode)

Pro version allows you to run program in 32 bit mode, X64 license allows both 32 and 64 bit modes. 64 bit mode is vital if you process images with resolution over 50 mpixels.

Both mac and windows versions of the program can generate 3D model and view it afterwards with Helicon 3D Viewer. You can save 3D model after processing the stack and then switch to "Saving" tab and press "Save 3D-model".
russ_jb

Post by russ_jb »

Thanks Stas,

Sorry if I'm a bit slow - I see how to save the 3D image but I still can't find the viewer. Even on the viewer download page, there is only a Windows version listed.

Again, sorry if I'm missing something obvious - must be getting old!

Russ
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Russ,

Most probably you have not installed it. HeliconFocus.dmg installation file contains both Helicon Focus.app and Helicon 3D Viewer.app.

I suspect, you dragged Helicon Focus into your Applications but have not done it for Helicon 3D Viewer.
russ_jb

Post by russ_jb »

Ah-Ha!!

You're absolutely right!

Thanks again Stas.