5.2.4 update fail

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
katsflyby

5.2.4 update fail

Post by katsflyby »

Hi.I have installed the latest update after i received the online reminder , and since then neither HFocus OR HRemote will lunch.However on task manager on Windows Vista shows both to be running (almost 50% CPU usage).Have a license key for a year , and i need to shoot urgently, so i would appreciate to send me a link for a previous more stable version in the meantime?
Stas Yatsenko

Re: 5.2.4 update fail

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Sorry for the troubles. Here is the link to the older version:
http://www.heliconsoft.com/downloads/He ... 5.1.29.exe

Please use it till we find and fix this bug.
katsflyby

Post by katsflyby »

Thank you for the quick response.This one works fine.
JPS

Post by JPS »

Jumping in to say that I had/have major problems, following the download (on june 14) of the latest 5.2.4 version: I used a previous version for some times (with Vista 32), without any problem, but when I tried to install the 5.2.4, it locked my PC (with the CPU busy at 50 to 100%) and NEVER ended ! (I had to use CTRL-ALT-DEL to reboot it !!!)

I tried to manually delete the previous version and had a lot of trouble doing it: many files were "protected"... but I eventually managed to get rid of them, using UNLOCK.EXE ! Eventually, I deleted EVERYTHING (I hope) related to Helicon Focus, even in the REGISTER.

I checked and double-checked the errors in the registry, "cold-rebooted" my PC and re-downloaded the lastest version ! When I tried to install it, I had the same problem as explained above !!!

Are there any hidden files -with names not mentionning "Helicon"- that I should delete too ??? Which ones ? Where ? ...and in the registry ?

How can I do to get this damn program working again ???

Heeeelp ! ...as I need to use it for some special shooting !!!

Regards,
J-P.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Sorry for the troubles. Here is the link to the older version:

Dre

Post by Dre »

Stas Yatsenko wrote:Sorry for the troubles. Here is the link to the older version:

Hi,
my experience was that the installation failed, because the older program couldn't delete the files HeliconFocus.exe and (in the direction library) focusmts.dll

My solution: rename the files and create two empty txt files, which you rename into HeliconFocus.exe and (in the direction library) focusmts.dll
After that 5.1.29 instaled (and worked) flawlessly.

Best regards,
Dré
JPS

Post by JPS »

Dre wrote:..............my experience was that the installation failed, because the older program couldn't delete the files HeliconFocus.exe and (in the direction library) focusmts.dll..........
Thing is, I did delete ALL the files within the Helicon Focus 5.2.4 directory AND of the previous version (it took me some time and I had to use UNLOCKER, but it worked), plus some stuff in the register !

Then, -after a cold reboot-, I installed the new version and the damn thing hooked again ! This is why I asked if there were some files created by Helicon focus outside of its directories, that should also be deleted !

:?
J-P.

PS. BTW, thanks Stas for the tip of going back to 5.1.29 is working all right ! ...still, I'm looking forward for the new update :wink: !
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

We fixed a couple of bugs specific to Vista32 in our new version 5.2.6, I hope this will solve your problems too. Just download and install the newest version.
JPS

Post by JPS »

Thank you Stas for the good news !

...however... I will let someone else try the "corrected" new version before to download it myself :wink: !

:)
J-P.
Dre

Post by Dre »

JPS wrote:Thank you Stas for the good news !

...however... I will let someone else try the "corrected" new version before to download it myself :wink: !

:)
J-P.
Hi J-P

you're 100% right because the corrected version has exactly the same problem: uses 80% or more CPU resources and doesn't start :(

At least you can deinstall it normally now.

Dre
agiyo

Post by agiyo »

I just installed 5.2.6, after unhappy experience with 5.2.4.

So far, 5.2.6 is by far the best yet! Excellent.

Thank you.