batch processing

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
funkychicken

batch processing

Post by funkychicken »

I would like to automate Helicon Focus to batch process and save multiple image stacks.

I see that batch processing and command line features are listed on the web site, but I can't seem to find any documentation on this.

Can someone show me where I can find information on how to do batch processing and/or access the software's command line interface.

I am running the Macintosh version of the software, but would be willing to switch to Windows if necessary.

This is a great software, btw! I look forward to you rolling out Helicon Remote for Macintosh.
Stas Yatsenko

Re: batch processing

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Command line parameters work only in Window version. You will find the list of parameters with examples in the Help files (Installation page) that comes with the Helicon Focus program.
funkychicken

Post by funkychicken »

Ok, I've got the Windows version running now. The batch processing from the GUI is great.

However, I'd like to batch process from the command line. Is this possible? I find that I can run a command line command to process 1 folder containing 1 image stack, but I can't run a command that will process multiple folders of images stacks. Can the command line be used for batch processing of this manner?
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Sorry, no batch options for command line. You will need to use .bat files or something like this.
multizone

Post by multizone »

Stas Yatsenko wrote:Command line parameters work only in Window version. You will find the list of parameters with examples in the Help files (Installation page) that comes with the Helicon Focus program.
I have found the CLI documentation. It looks like I can only pass a directory, not a list of files. Is this correct?

Thanks.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Yes, Helicon Focus accepts folder name as a source. We are working on new version so your suggestions are welcome.
macbates

Post by macbates »

Any chance of command line processing being ported over to the Mac version? Running version 6.0.108 I can start it up in Terminal:

$ /Applications/HeliconFocus.app/Contents/MacOS/HeliconFocus -silent "~/Desktop/test”

but it appears that HF does not process the passed parameters. Passed command line parameters are supported in OSX, so having that ability in HF would be really nice. One example might be to write a bash script to cycle through a large number of radius and smoothing parameter combinations in an extended (overnight) run, while another might be to have a bash script that processed large numbers of stacks. Certainly possible with the GUI of course, but that becomes impractical with very large numbers of renders.

Just hoping...

- Ken
iMatt

Post by iMatt »

I would also find a command line interface for the Mac very useful. Has this been implemented? Are there other scripting alternatives?
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

It should work same as on Windows, but was never tested on Mac. We'll have to check it out.