Ghost Image

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
jwcane

Ghost Image

Post by jwcane »

Tried superimposing two images in focus mode. Result was an off-color, expanded copy of the main subject of the image.

In the attachment, around the white flower, you will see a greenish, low contrast copy of the flower, larger, all around the exterior of the white bloom.

What settings can I use to defeat this behavior?
Attachments
P1010733.36.jpg
P1010733.36.jpg (57.86 KiB) Viewed 3086 times
jwcane

Re: Ghost Image

Post by jwcane »

Looking further, found that the low-contrast "copy" outside the image in the attachment is actually an outline from the second image. It appears that manual focusing caused a significant expansion of the image.

Please advise the accepted procedure for altering the size of an image. I tried changing the pixel size but that did not help. I would like to shrink the size of a figure, an element of the image, so that a selection pasted in from the other image will completely overlap the other.

In a bid to carry out the Helicon procedure manually, I selected the figure, and tried to resize it. That was not satisfactory, either.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Ghost Image

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

You are right, the low-contrast copy is the first source image where the object is blurred and is bigger than the second (focused) one. The blurred edge of the flower hides details behind this edge and there are no way to get them: no source image contains this information. I would suggest to minimize aperture to make blurring not so evident.

Helicon Focus aligns source images by default. If you want to override this option, go to the Preferences and disable Autoadjustment for Magnification and maybe the Shifts too. I am not sure if this helps you.

BTW, you are welcome to upload your stack to our server (as described at http://www.heliconsoft.com/ftp.html) and we will check if there is a better way merge this stack.