Image orientation

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
g0b

Image orientation

Post by g0b »

I've still haven't figured out why my picture orientation change while shooting with HR, but, there is another issue related in HF : when I rotate the CR2 files with DPP so that they all have the same orientation in the stack, it seems that HF does not take this into account. It still says that some pictures does not have the right size in the stack. Of course, if I rotate and convert them into TIFF under PShop for instance, it works. Is it possible that rotation in DPP is just done through a kind of flag in the file, not taken into account by HF ?

g0b
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Image orientation

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Please send us (as described at http://www.heliconsoft.com/ftp.html) one rotated raw file and one which is not rotated. We will check what is happening with the orientation flag.
g0b

Post by g0b »

I've uploaded 2 CR2s in "CR2 orientation" folder
IMG_0012 was in landscape mode and rotated 90 deg CCW with DPP
IMG_0013 is in portrait mode (and not rotated with DPP)
under DPP they are both previewed in portrait mode. under HF, the 1st one is still landscape.

thanks for your support,
g0b
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Thanks for the files. The files have different orientation settings. Most probably DPP does not actually modify the flag inside of the RAW files. Instead it just remebers your choice. The correct solution would be to ignore this flag during processing of Helicon Focus. Alternatevely, you can convert the files to tiff and set correct orientation for all of them.
g0b

Post by g0b »

Ok, thanks for having a look at my files.
I'll do a batch TIFF conversion prior to importing files into helicon.