Post by Guest »

Is there any plan for this?

Cory
Dan Kozub

Post by Dan Kozub »

Sorry, not in the nearest month

Yes, craving Mac version for both Helicon products

Post by Guest »

Yes, please don't make me install Virtual PC.

If your products are as good as they seem, I would buy both without hesitation if they are for Max OSX. I *need* both products.

Very impressed with what I've seen so far.

There are a lot of Mac users out there, particularly pro photographers and graphics people.

Thanks... patiently waiting.
Dion

Mac Version?

Post by Guest »

Dan Kozub wrote:Sorry, not in the nearest month
I would love to see a Mac version as well - you would have my money now!!

regards

Richard Earney

--
http://images.method.co.uk

Mac Version

Post by GUEST »

I've downloaded the Mac version and unpacked it. It doesn't seem to want to run on Mac OS X 10.4.6.
Dan Kozub

Post by Dan Kozub »

This is strange. The version works with 10.3.9+ and was tested with 10.4.5

What kind of error do you have with it?

Post by Guest »

Actually, I don't get any error messages. I double click on the application icon (after unzipping it) and nothing happens at all.

Post by Guest »

I just tried it on an intel iMac with the same Mac OS version (10.4.6) and it seems to work just fine. Go figure.

What I've noticed is that on the Intel iMac, a .plist file is created in the ~/Library/Preferences folder, while on the G5, there's no .plist file.

I don't know whether that's useful information or not. I can't see anything in the system or console log that looks relevant. I'll keep looking.

Post by Guest »

Dan,

I just bought the PRO Focus version for the Mac and after trying to enter the Reg key per instructions in the email, realized that the reg process on Mac is different.

This led me to then realize that the Mac version is over 1 year old and has not been updated.

I don't feel so happy about having spent $300 for what is effectively a poorly supported product for the Mac. Are there any planned updates?

(I've read some of your comments about 'have a friend with a PC run the program, etc', but that is nonsense; I have a multi-thousand dollar investment in Mac image processing and I don't try to hunt around for PCs.)

-Robert Jones
Dan Kozub

Post by Dan Kozub »

Robert,

We released new version for Mac only a month ago and updated it yesteday.It has the same algorithm and multiprocessor support.

The only difference is in tools to fix artifacts of automatic processing (halos, etc.). Mac version works with opacity maps edited by Photoshop or other editor. Windows version has built-in retouching tools.

If you are not satisfied with the current 3.50 Pro version, consider switching to Lite version, it has the same functionality as windows version.

Best regards,

Danylo

Post by Guest »

Dan,

Thanks for the fast reply. My comments were based on only looking at the dates on the download page when I realized the latest window version was 4.0.3.

The web download site indicates the Mac version is 3.50 from July of 2005, unlike the Windows version. If this is an error then your download page needs updating to avoid confusing new customers.

Also, I cannot get out of demo mode. The Reg Window does not correspond to the instructions or activation code that I was sent. The Reg Window asks for a Registration Key and makes no mention of the 'activation code'.

-Robert
Dan Kozub

Post by Dan Kozub »

Robert,

I can see you have already generated the key. I hope everything is fine with registration now.

Best regards,

Danylo