"out of memory" error message

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
Hiroyuki

"out of memory" error message

Post by Hiroyuki »

Hi. I just tried my first run without any modifications to the settings. I have 5 tiff files (about 130mb or so each). The result came out OK except for the very slight blur on the right edge and very minor artifact on light area (very slight blotchy mark tone shift). I wanted to try different settings so I selected method A and clicked render. However I got an "out of memory" error message. I have a Power PC G5 mac with dual processor with 6gb of ram. What should I do?

I apologize if this was asked before. I did search the forum but I couldn't find any answers. Thank you.

Best regards,

Hiroyuki
Hiroyuki

Anybody?

Post by Hiroyuki »

Anybody? So far I just quit the Focus if I get that and open it again. That seems to take care of it.

By the way, the Focus is working as it's advertised. Very nice and I'm very impressed. I will proceed in learning how to retouch a few problem spots which are not too many.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Hiroyuki
Dan Kozub

Post by Dan Kozub »

Sorry for the delay. We are preparing new version so the Out of memory problem will be most probably solved.

blotchy: this is possible if the exposure of the source images varies. If this is true, this can be fixed by enabling Autoadjustment for brightness in the Prefereces.
Hiroyuki

Post by Hiroyuki »

Thank you and I look forward to the new version. However, it seems that I'm not getting the "out of memory" error anymore... I must have changed something and that's working.

About the blotchiness, the exposure should have stayed the same but I can't be 100% certain since the power might have fluctuated while I was shooting. I will check each frames later. I tried A and B methods with different values and I got reasonable images. But I'm surprised that what works is pretty unpredictable with these settings... Thank you for the tip about the brightness setting. I will look into that also.

I also tried retouching and surprised to see how easy it was to use. Thank you.

By the way, do you have the Helicon filter for mac ready? I would love to try that also.

Best regards,

Hiroyuki
Dan Kozub

Post by Dan Kozub »

Sorry, Helicon Filter is too complex to port it to Mac platform :(