Helicon focus suggestion.

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
Charles Krebs

Helicon focus suggestion.

Post by Charles Krebs »

I am very pleased with the operation of the latest version. It is very well thought out. A few minor things that I would like to see added:

1) It would be nice to be able to right-click the output file (in the lower left) and have a choice to open it in a photo editor such as Photoshop. (Just as can be done now with the density maps). After running Helicon Focus I always want to go into Photoshop to make final levels/curves adjustments and often some minor "clean-up". It would be nice to be able to open the output file directly, without having to save it first.

2) It would be nice to be able to drag-and-drop files into the source list

3) On the "Zoom" section of the tool-bar... it would be nice, in addition to the drop down menu, to have two choices with buttons showing all of the time: one button for a "1:1" view (actual pixels or 100%), and another button for a "fit-to-window". It seems like I frequently go back and forth between these two settings and it would be quicker to do it without having to use the drop-down/scroll menu
Dan Kozub

Post by Dan Kozub »

Charles,

Thank you for suggestions.
I've seen your awesome posts on photomacrography.net

This one I like the most:
http://photomacrography.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1887

One tip: you can use mouse wheel to change zoom.

Best regards,

Danylo[/url]

Post by Guest »

Danylo,

Thanks for the tip on changing magnification with the mouse wheel. I don't know why I had not noticed that! It certainy makes it very easy to change magnifications.
TomMeeks

Excellent suggestions!

Post by TomMeeks »

I agree with these suggestions completely. Being about to shell out to a selected third party product for special processing is an extremely useful capability.

In Vegas (Video Editor), for instance, you can select an audio editor that you would like to use to process the sound part of the video. This permits much more flexible sound editing than Vegas has in its native configuration.