Output file resolution

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
n.vijayan

Output file resolution

Post by n.vijayan »

I use HF Pro. I use PS3 extended version. I adjust the first RAW file in the series from Nikon camera (D200) in the RAW convertor and synchronize the rest of the exposures. My RAW convertor is setup to generate 16 bit files at a resolution of 360 because I output to an Epson printer. I save these as .PSD files. Once I run these through HF and save the file back as a .PSD, I find that the resolution is automatically set to 72ppi. This makes the demensions of photograph very large. I have to then change the resolution and file height and width again to get it to a manageable size.

Is there a way I can avoid this change in resolution when I save the output file?

Thanks,
Dan Kozub

Post by Dan Kozub »

Our program preserves EXIF and IPTC of the original files but it seems to discard some of PSD specific information. There is no way to change ppi right now. You may try to use TIFF instead of PSD.
nvijayan

Output file resolution

Post by nvijayan »

Thank you.
paddler

output resolution

Post by paddler »

Dan,

I just registered and logged in to post just such a question. Do you have any plans to allow us to set the resolution of the output image in the various formats? I too tend to have my RAW output files come into PS as 240ppi images as these are better for printing and once I've worked on a particular image if I then do more work on it in either Focus or Filter it reverts to 72ppi. This seems to suggest there is the possibility of loss of image quality with all the resolution changes.

It would be nice to be able to select output resolutions for various venues, 72ppi for the web but higher resolutions for printing or other venues.

Tom

By the way I love this program, you've done a fabulous job and your support and responses are a rarity in the software business. Well done.