Picture disappears in HF 7.5.x

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
Olaf Craasmann

Picture disappears in HF 7.5.x

Post by Olaf Craasmann »

Hello everybody,

i am using HF 7.5.4 with GPU acceleration and amazing speed. So far so good. Since i have updated to 7.5.x there is an issue, when i try to do a stack again with the same method, for example with fewer images or other parameters. The main picture desappears, there is only a gray area left. I can still save the result or do even new stacks, but the main picture doesn't come back. This happens on all of my computers. I have to close HF and start it again then.

Please help.

Best regards from Hamburg, Germany
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Picture disappears in HF 7.5.x

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Please upload your stack to our server (as described at https://www.heliconsoft.com/ftp-server/) and we will see what is happening.
If you are user of GoogleDrive, DropBox, OneDrive or other cloud service, you can upload your files there and send us a link.
Olaf Craasmann

Post by Olaf Craasmann »

This happens not in combination with a specific stack, but with every stack from every camera i use, on every computer i use, wich means about 20 cameras and four computers. I doesn't matter if the camera is a sony or a panasonic, if i use an AMD based Laptop or an Intel Desktop. No matter if Windows 10 or Windows 8.1. So I think it is a softwarebug in HF wich is simply comprehensible and easy to fix. Just load a stack from any JPEG Images, let it run once and start it again with the same method. I bet you will have the same problem.

best regards
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

No, any JPEG images doesn't cut, I can't reproduce the issue (and there's no way we would miss something so easily reproducible during pre-release testing). Just tried it again on two computers with different GPU vendors (Intel and Nvidia). Maybe there's some extra action or extra settings that triggers it. Is there any chance you record what you're doing on video so we can reproduce it step by step?
Also please do the following: reproduce the problem, then send a bug report (menu -> Help -> Report a bug), paste the link to this forum topic in the description so that we know what to look for. Then, open the settings and press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+W and proceed to erase the settings as prompted. Then restart Helicon Focus and see if the issue still occurs.
TheDocAUS

Post by TheDocAUS »

I have had this happen a few times. I could not work out why it was happening. Restarting Helicon fixes it, but I have had it occur 2 or 3 times.

On all occasions it was a stack using jpgs - extracted from a 6K video by Helicon.

I was NOT using GPU acceleration.

I was not able to reproduce it, it was random.
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Thanks for the info. Could you please send us the video, so that we could try reproducing the issue? We've never managed to. Additionally, it would be great if you sent a bug report (menu -> Help -> Report a bug) the next time it happens.
Thank you.
TheDocAUS

Post by TheDocAUS »

I have been working on many videos. I cannot recall which one it was. If it happens again I will report it.