Naming convention

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
yowich

Naming convention

Post by yowich »

The current naming convention for the output filename does not quite fit my needs. For example, it is not easy to locate a folder which made some errors because the current naming rule uses the time of focus-stacking and its methods. How can I change the naming convention so that I can use the original folder names or my own naming convention? Thanks!
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Naming convention

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

You can change it. Please open Helicon Focus menu "Edit / Preferences... / General" and change "Save file name template".
yowich

Post by yowich »

Stas Yatsenko wrote: 05.10.2018 11:11 You can change it. Please open Helicon Focus menu "Edit / Preferences... / General" and change "Save file name template".
Awesome! Thank you!
TheDocAUS

Post by TheDocAUS »

Stas

Will the naming template also apply to video batch processing when it comes out? I hope so.

Edit

FYI: I changed the naming parameters in Ver 7 to include the original file name, then processed a 6K video. It used the name Frame 1, not the original video file name. So HF must be getting the name from the imported video frames rather than the original video file name.

regards

Michael
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

You're right as to why this happens. We'll look into it.
yowich

Post by yowich »

I asked it because I wanted to have a way to find which folder has created an error if it had some.
When I have done a batch processing, I was still not able to find which folder has created an error when I had one.

All information that I can have comes from a balloon when I lay mouse cursor over it, but it shows just the time it was created and error text. There is no folder information which has created the error. So I had to find which one is missing from the output folder. If you will have an information about the source folder that has created the error in the main window it will really help. Why don't you put the source folder name in the "Source images:" window in the main window?
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

You can click the faulty rendering result to switch to this stack, then right click any of the source images -> Image info.