Batch Processing annoyances

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
Jim Fandango

Batch Processing annoyances

Post by Jim Fandango »

Hi,
my standard process is always like taking tons of pictures during the day and processing images over night so the batch processing is of great help, but there are a couple of issues:

1) Stackdefinition when selecting thousands of pictures with lot of stacks:
1.1 why do I have to wait for exif info to be parsed just to answer a question which is obvious ? ( yes break up and proceed ) why not ask first - or add a checkbox "start automatically after splitting" ? ( this takes quite a while for 10000 pictures...)
1.2 no further information about stack content ( image numbers) is displayed to identify single stacks in the batch main window
1.3 stack content ( range of images processed ) is not stored in exif of generated tif ( nor elsewhere to support inputfiles <-> ouputfile correlation later on)
1.4 re-setup after out of discspace stop ( because of topic 2) is cumbersome (as 1.2, 1.3) you have to count available output images to delete splitted stacks ( after again 1.1) to be able to continue...

2) temporary files are only deleted on shutdown of application! (Not when a stack is finished!) I have 256 GB SSD dedicated to Helicon only which is not enough to process all stacks over night ( scenario is every day like 1.x)

3) Optionally it would be nice to have an option to also save the project files of a batch run automatically

what do you think ?

kr
Jim
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Batch Processing annoyances

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Hi Jim,

Those are all good suggestions, we will discuss and address them individually.
#2 has been addressed in Helicon Focus 7, are you using the latest version 7.0.2? It should no longer use all the available hard drive space and fail.
#3 is on our to-do list already.
Jim Fandango

Post by Jim Fandango »

Hi,

yes I am using 7.0.2

kr
Jim
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Then we need more details. How much free space is there on your Helicon Focus cache drive before you start processing? What kind of a stack does it take to deplete that space? Can you send us a stack that triggers this issue?
Andr1

Post by Andr1 »

Stas Yatsenko wrote: 14.12.2018 11:43
#3 is on our to-do list already.
Sorry for the grave-digg after two years, but this was addressed?
Not sure if is it related with my issue:

I'm doing a batch process and I'd like to save the session, so that I can interrupt the rendering, close Helicon and re-open in a later time.
All the stacks should be loaded and ready to resume the rendering from the last completed focus stack. (reference image).
At the moment if I save the project, it only saves 1 single stack.
It seems to me a very basic feature to have all the stacks saved in one project and be able reload them.
Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Hello,

thanks for getting back to us about this.

Now there's a command line parameter -project allowing to save the project. Please try it: -project:<file_path> and let us know if this solves the issue.
Thank you.