Proper set up of your program

General discussions

Moderator: Stas Yatsenko

L.MacIntosh

Proper set up of your program

Unread postby L.MacIntosh » 27.07.2007 20:08

After reading the workflow pages, I am Confussed , in #1 you state to take fotos in a certain manner, I take that tis is so , your program and computer will have this base so as to work from for future fotos to be processed by your Program?

lutz

Unread postby lutz » 27.07.2007 21:29

Sorry,

may you re-formulate your question? I do not understand what you are talking about.

Ariel

Unread postby Ariel » 27.07.2007 21:35

If you speak a foreign language, perhaps it would also help to post the question in that language.

I don't understand what your question is...
It seems that your question is whether or not taking a photograph in accordance to the directions in a Helicon tutorial will result in the program just "knowing" what to do to make the picture look perfect.

If this is what your question is, then no, taking a photo a certain way will not result in the program's automatic work. Any directions on photographing would simply result in a good photo for you to work with. After you upload the photo to your computer and open it with Helicon, it is up to you to use the program to make any needed changes.

P.S. Helicon Filter works neither directly on Linux nor Mac OS X, L.MacIntosh, if that is what OS you run.

L.MacIntosh

helico focus?

Unread postby L.MacIntosh » 28.07.2007 20:26

First: I regret I lack The precise manner to correctly word thing in typed fashion!!!

Two: MY: Name Is L.MacIntosh !!

three: My question was based on the Below statement whuich is part of the program, which is confussing to me!
[Helicon Focus Workflow
Step 1. Creating stack of images
You are supposed to work with an optical microscope and a digital camera, or with additional macrolens on digital camera.
Set your digital camera to manual focusing mode(!!) and set the focus to infinity.
Manual mode (shutter speed and exposure) is also preferable to avoid fluctuation of brightness.
Adjust the microscope to make the topmost area of the object sharp.
Take a shot. Use the remote control (if available) to minimize any shaking of the camera.
Using the fine adjustment controls, the shift sharp area a little down.
Take a shot.
Use small, roughly regular steps while adjusting the mircoscope and taking shots. It is better when sharp areas overlap.
Take shots until you reach the lowest area of the scene.
Copy images from the camera to your computer. ]

this is where I am coming from, the first sentence , my comment is [WHAT] are you talking about here??

Now due you have a better sense of where I am Coming freom,NOW!!

Ariel

Unread postby Ariel » 29.07.2007 06:39

:lol:
Sorry about that. Unfortunately, your wording was a bit unusual... but the text you are referring to helps.
Your real name is MacIntosh! Wow... Well... just a note from what I wrote before, Helicon Focus does work on Mac.

One thing you should note is that you posted this in the Helicon Filter part of the forum, not Helicon Focus, which is the program you are using.

So you understand everything except manually setting your camera's focus to infinity? Manual focus is a feature common pretty much only to SLR and SLR-like cameras. It means that you tell the camera to make something a specific distance from the camera sharp. If you don't use manual focus (and let the camera make a different focal distance every time you press the shutter), you won't be able to systematically get every area of the subject sharp. You see, there is a very small depth of field when you take pictures with macro lenses or microscopes, but if you can take multiple pictures so that every area of the subject is sharp over all the pictures, you can use Helicon Focus to combine all the sharp areas into one fully-focused image.[/i]

Return to “Helicon Filter: General”