Cropping

General discussions

Moderator: Stas Yatsenko

Bud

Cropping

Unread postby Bud » 25.11.2006 04:22

I hope that this is not too simplistic a question?

I am trying to crop a picture. I check the button indicating "Crop Only" I create a resize highlighted area. At this point I'm not sure how to perform the crop.

I would also like to know if I can enter specific pixel dimensions for the crop area rather than using the drag points.

Is there a way to create a highlighted crop window and then reposition it on the original picture.

Thanks

Dan Kozub

Unread postby Dan Kozub » 25.11.2006 19:32

how to perform a crop: Simply switch to Save tab and you will see the cropped image. If you do not like the result, you can switch back to Resize tab and change crop parameters.

enter coordinates: no, you cannot enter coordinates directly.

apply crop to other image: you can save current settings (menu\Settings\Save) then open other image and load previously saved settings.

Bud

Clarification of Last Question

Unread postby Bud » 25.11.2006 21:58

Thanks for the quick response.

I was not asking about transferring a crop setting to another picture. What I wanted to know was once I get the crop area set the way I want (lets say 2000x1500 pixels of a picture that was originally 3000x2000 pixels) can I then reposition that crop area over the original image to get the exact crop that I want.

It would be extremely helpful if a future release of the program would allow the direct specification in pixels of the area to be cropped (2000x1500 in the example above) and if the area could be shifted over the original image using a Ctrl-Left mouse button depression combination to allow the mouse to change the location of the crop area on the original image (If that is not already possible).

Best of luck.

Dan Kozub

Unread postby Dan Kozub » 25.11.2006 23:46

Right now it is not possible, but I think we can implement it.

Return to “Helicon Filter: General”