What am I doing wrong

General discussions

Moderator: Stas Yatsenko

mitchell

What am I doing wrong

Unread postby mitchell » 10.01.2012 18:03

Hi I don't know if this is the proper forum to post this in but I need some help. I'm loving what this program is capable of but take a look at the picture. The object I'm focusing on is a leather coral. It seams to be all in focus so I'm happy with that. Its a 14 image jpeg stack. Everything in H Focus is default ( I'm not experienced enough to adjust any settings yet.)

Whats going on it the upper right hand corner? What do I have to do to eliminate this?

12-01-10_104551_M=B_R=20_S=4 by in his image, on Flickr

In this one it seems to be following the contour of the coral...upper right

12-01-10_075651_M=B_R=20_S=4 by in his image, on Flickr

ANY help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

mitchell

Re: What am I doing wrong

Unread postby mitchell » 10.01.2012 18:13

Same 14 images stacked in photoshop...OK so I know its not the images...

Untitled1 by in his image, on Flickr

Stas Yatsenko

Re: What am I doing wrong

Unread postby Stas Yatsenko » 11.01.2012 13:24

I suspect that source images had very different brightness and the program was not able to compensate it completely.

Photoshop usually applies strong smoothing to depth map which often results in loss of fine details on edges, but in this case this effect was favourable.

Halo effect on the second image can be fixed by increasing Radius or by retouching brushes if Radius has negative effect for other parts of the image (which is unlikely in this image).

I would appreciate if you upload this stack to our server (as described at http://www.heliconsoft.com/ftp.html) for in-depth tests.

Return to “Helicon Filter: General”