Colour Profile aware? Is Helicon Filter FULLY ICC/ICM aware?

General discussions

Moderator: Stas Yatsenko

plevyadophy

Colour Profile aware? Is Helicon Filter FULLY ICC/ICM aware?

Unread postby plevyadophy » 14.04.2009 01:56

Hi,

Can someone tell me if Helicon Filter is FULLY ICC/ICM Colour Profile aware/compliant?

I don't see any mention of this in the program's Help file and see just one mention of colour profiling in the settings (a setting to save a file with a particular/desired colour profile).

What I want to know is how it handles say JPEGs or TIFFS that I may open in the program.
Does it assume sRGB?
Does it take on the colour profile as indicated in the EXIF data of the image?
And what colour space would I be working in whilst editing in Helicon Filter (whether that is raw or another file format)?

I hope someone can help and I look forward to your reply.

Thanks in advance.

Dan Kozub

Unread postby Dan Kozub » 17.04.2009 12:45

Yes, Helicon Filter properly handles color profiles. If the file has embedded profile it is used for displaying and preserved when the file is saved. If there is no embedded profile, sRGB is assumed.

plevyadophy

Unread postby plevyadophy » 17.04.2009 18:05

Dan Kozub wrote:Yes, Helicon Filter properly handles color profiles. If the file has embedded profile it is used for displaying and preserved when the file is saved. If there is no embedded profile, sRGB is assumed.

Hmm, thanks for the answer.

However, there seems to be a bit of a problem.

What happens if, as with nearly every file I handle, there is no ICC Profile embedded in the file but instead the EXIF data indicates what the colour profile should be? (One of my ohter programs, Qimage, manages to acknowledge the colour profile indicated in the EXIF data and uses the colour space indicated in the EXIF unless I choose otherwise).

I look forward to your reply.

Thanks in advance.

Dan Kozub

Unread postby Dan Kozub » 22.04.2009 09:26

Please send us the file (http://heliconsoft.com/ftp.html) and we will check how it is handled. So far I have not seen such file. Normally color profile is embedded if it is not sRGB.

Return to “Helicon Filter: General”