Ghosting and smearing

General discussions

Moderator: Stas Yatsenko

Unread postby Guest » 08.09.2008 05:37

Dan I have another quick question. I have noticed when viewing the side by side images in Helicon Focus that when I right click to pan around the image at 100% that many of the "double edges" disappear then reappear when i let go of the right click. What is the program doing, and is there a way i can save the stacked output image with the same effects that the right click give me? Not sure this makes sense, but hopefully it did at least a little bit.

thanks,
andy

Dan Kozub

Unread postby Dan Kozub » 15.09.2008 12:04

Andy,

Your last example shows misalignement of the images. There could be several reasons for this:

1. Tripod was not used. Camera was rotated and rotation correction were not enabled in Helicon Focus settings.

2. Camera was moved so that view point changes and objects change their relative position. This kind of problem cannot be fixed with alignment.

3. Helicon Focus failed to align images. We improved alignment algorithm in the current development version so this should not be a problem in the future.

Right click: we show selected source image when the right button is pressed. This is done to be able to compare result with the selected source image.

Unread postby Guest » 16.09.2008 17:14

Dan,

This stack was shot off a tripod using mirror lock up so alignment and camera shake should not be an issue. I have noticed that if there is an object in the foreground that is directly over some background that is a good distance away Helicon Focus has a hard time aligning these. I think this is the issue with this image as the bush in the foreground is over the houses in the background. In future versions of the software I would be pleased to see this issue addressed such that it can handle these situations.

Thanks,
andy

Dan Kozub

Unread postby Dan Kozub » 18.09.2008 13:33

Andy,

Please upload this stack too.
info: http://www.heliconsoft.com/ftp.html

Return to “Helicon Filter: General”