account not yet activated ?

General discussions

Moderator: Stas Yatsenko

account not yet activated ?

Unread postby Guest » 30.12.2007 15:50

About a week ago i registered on this forum .
i'm still waiting for a email regarding activation of my account .
Maybe i allready received the email , but it got in the "unwanted folder" and was removed before i found the email .
So what are my options ?
Can a second mail be send , or do i register again ?
If i need to register again , can the first account be removed so i can use the same name ?

Thanks in advance .
Stevie

PS: If this post does'nt belong here , by all means remove it .

Ariel

Unread postby Ariel » 02.01.2008 00:59

You could try creating the account again or logging in. Or you could try making a new account.

Activation links are sent immediately, so if you don't see it, check your junk mail folder or try having it sent again.

A little off-topic, but maybe you have a bad email provider. I would recommend lavabit.com because it is free and reliable with large quotas and no ads.

Unread postby Guest » 02.01.2008 19:09

Hi Ariel and thanks for responding .
I guess the activation mail ended up in the folder "unwanted" and was removed after 10 days .
So i likely missed it .
You could try creating the account again or logging in. Or you could try making a new account.

If i try to create the account again the forumsofware wont allow me because the username en email is allready used .
Creatinga new account would be an option , but i would prefer to use the same username and email .
A little off-topic, but maybe you have a bad email provider. I would recommend lavabit.com because it is free and reliable with large quotas and no ads.

I've been using hotmail for about 5 years now and i never had any problems with it , that's i i think the fault is on my part .
The easiest would be for the admins to either send another activation mail or to remove the account alltogether .
It's just that i dont like to waste other's their time with silly little things .

Any way best wishes to you and the rest of the forum . :)

Dan Kozub

Unread postby Dan Kozub » 14.01.2008 16:19

Please contact our support (support at heliconfilter.com) and we will send you your activation code.

Unread postby Guest » 16.01.2008 08:22

To get my account activated on this forum ? :?

Dan Kozub

Unread postby Dan Kozub » 28.01.2008 13:54

Yes, knowing your email I can delete your account or resend activation mail. At least I think so : )

Unread postby Guest » 28.01.2008 19:21

Hi Dan ,
If you have acces to the admin control panel you should be able to disable and delete accounts .
Look under the tab "general" for the option "user managment"
You gonna have to type in the name of the user (stevie in this case) and hit the button "send" .
If you have done that you'll see all the info of the user (username , date of registration ect...) , if you scroll down you'll find the "basic tools" there you can choose options like user ban , email ban IP ban , you can also remove avatar , posts ect...
Tell you what .
I'll send the email to the support , just so you know i'n not a lunatic who's trying to delete accounts of others . ;)
Just look for the title forum account activation and your name .

Best regards
Stevie

PS : The used terms in the above explanation is just a rough translation .
Aslo i used the admin controll panel from phpbb3 , so they're may be some differences

Dan Kozub

Unread postby Dan Kozub » 30.01.2008 15:20

yep, done!

Stevie

Unread postby Stevie » 30.01.2008 18:46

It worked !! :D
Thanks Dan . :)

Return to “Helicon Filter: General”