Unread postby John Lai » 27.10.2007 18:58

Is it such result possible with HF?
http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id ... 705&size=o

Photo taken with Pentax K10D & edited with Photoshop CS2

John

lutz

Unread postby lutz » 29.10.2007 22:59

hello John,

possible to achieve something like it in HF ? Perhaps, with a lot of planning and use of plugins like "lucis art". You could use the "replace sky" tool in the retouching tab, of course for the sky replacment, but also for other slective adjustments and consecutive merging of images.
It is very much "creating new realities" and I believe for this you would be better of with a layer-based editor.

Perhaps this goes somewhere in the same general direction: Exposure -1.5, compensated with gamma and shadows slider, contrast due to the new "zones" tool, colors: saturation increase with both sliders, greens a bit darker, strong denoising, edge sharpening with radius 20 strength 15, and a new sky from the HF templates.
Yes, it is supposed to look somewhat unreal.

Ariel

Unread postby Ariel » 30.10.2007 05:53

Well, there's a free trial so you can find out yourself. If you're combining multiple pictures of different scenes to achieve that result, it is possible (though difficult) in Helicon Filter using the "replace sky" brush. Or you can wait for version 5 and then that would have more support for layer-like features.

If this is just an HDR with color correction, Helicon Filter is very good at doing this.

John Lai

Unread postby John Lai » 30.10.2007 18:18

Ariel wrote:Well, there's a free trial so you can find out yourself. If you're combining multiple pictures of different scenes to achieve that result, it is possible (though difficult) in Helicon Filter using the "replace sky" brush. Or you can wait for version 5 and then that would have more support for layer-like features.

If this is just an HDR with color correction, Helicon Filter is very good at doing this.

Thanks for the reply. I already have the Pro lifetime upgrade version of HF:)
I asked the question out of curiosity, as I don't have the time or patience to spend on heavy editing.
As for version 5, that's sure I'll get it. Question of taking advantage of my permanent upgrade.

John

Return to “Helicon Filter: General”